Lead Driller – Rotary
Industry/Specialist Area: Ground Engineering Job Dublin Ireland
We are a well-established Dublin based, nationwide Drilling, Ground Engineering and Geo-Environmental Contractor, offering a variety of services to all sectors of the civil engineering, infrastructure, rail, and building / construction industry.
With our vast fleet of rigs and highly qualified and experienced personnel, we are committed to providing an innovative, cost effective, timely and professional service to a wide range of project and contract applications. This commitment has enabled us to establish a varied client base, covering all facets of the industry.
Due to continued and sustained growth in Ireland, a significant increase in workload and a portfolio diversification of service offering, we are now looking to recruit an Lead Rotary Driller Reporting to the Engineers and Contracts Manager, you will be preferably from Dublin or within driving distance, and will be joining an experienced and enthusiastic team of staff delivering geotechnical, geo-environmental and site / ground investigation services to a wide ranging client base across Ireland.
As Lead Driller you will primarily be responsible for safely setting up and advancing rotary core boreholes including Geo bore drilling, carry out in-situ testing, installing monitoring wells and backfilling boreholes in accordance with the specification provided by the Client.
- • Always comply with conditions of contract including attendance times on site and all task required
- • Always comply with and implement on site all company and site specific HSEQ policies
- • Responsible for Assistant Driller
- • Attend inductions, training, and H&S updates as and when required
- • Attend and successfully carry out all assigned duties to deliver projects safely in a timely manner
- • Work with Project Managers and Site Engineers to ensure field work is delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high quality standards
- • Ensure all communications with fellow GII Staff Project managers and site engineers is carried out in a polite and appropriate manner
- • Communication should be made with the project manager following completion of a hole prior to moving and at the end of each day to notify of daily progress.
- • Produce clear and concise site records including, but not limited to; daily drilling logs, pre-start drilling rig checks
- • Complete in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with Eurocode 7 and British Standards
- • Undertake multiple site / ground investigations utilising Rotary drilling in accordance with the appropriate specification
- • Maintain all equipment, rigs, vehicles to the best of your ability and report problems promptly notifying the relevant party
Please send CVs to HR@gii.ie