Aisling Mc Donnell (BSc Hons PGeo, EurGeol) Director
Tel: 01 - 6015175 E-mail: Amcdonnell@gii.ie
Aisling has over 15 years in Engineering Geology in the UK and Ireland. In June 2011 Aisling joined Ground investigation Ireland Ltd as a Senior Engineering Geologist and progressed to Project Manager shortly after joining and became a Director in 2016.
Aisling is an Engineering Geologist who has expertise in sampling, testing and investigation of sites both for future developments and existing sites evaluating the Geotechnical problems. Her areas of expertise include the assessment of karstic areas for construction, rock slope assessment, infrastructure works and marine projects.
As a project manager Aisling co-ordinates a team of engineers and site crews working primarily on large infrastructure projects but also smaller developments across Ireland. Her team provides a quality service to the construction industry by updating the designers on the findings of their fieldwork regularly to ensure any unforeseen ground conditions can be assessed at the time of the ground Investigation which allows for adaptation of the ground investigation if necessary to meet the needs of the design in the most cost effective manner.
A sample list of major projects
- Managed Irish Water Ground Investigation Framework – Water Treatment facilities, Distribution
- Mains and Sewage Schemes which included all types of GI, Road opening licences and liaison with local authorities
- Managed ESB Ground Investigation Framework - Windfarm Developments and Services Realignment
- Managed Irish distillers Limited Projects - Development of implementation of Ground Investigations Procedure for new Distillery and Warehousing structures in karstic area
- Managed Marine Investigations – including all types of drilling, geophysics, liaison with the department of Agriculture and Marine.
- Managed infrastructure projects across Ireland, including major junction crossings where Traffic light switch offs and working with Luas crossings were essential.