Barry Sexton MSc, BSc, PGeo, EurGeol Director
Tel: 01 - 6015175 E-mail: Bsexton@gii.ie
Barry has over 16 years in the field of Environmental Consulting. Since graduating in 2003 he has worked as an environmental consultant with several well-known Irish firms before joining GII in August 2018. Since joining GII Barry has helped broaden the range of services GII offer to clients particularly in relation to the environmental considerations which should be applied to site investigations and broader site development works.
Barry has particular expertise is in the assessment of brown field site development, contaminated land assessment, waste classification and environmental legislation and guidance. Barry is a registered member of the Institute of Geologists of Ireland (PGeo) and the European Federation of Geologists (EurGeol). Barry is listed on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved register of professional qualified geoscientists/competent persons with respect to carrying out contaminated land assessment.
At GII Barry manages a team of Geoenvironmental Engineers and site crews working as a project manager primarily on environmental assessment related projects. The projects range from the assessment of large scale heavily contaminated sites to routine environmental assessment for smaller developments. His team works closely with the other disciplines within GII to offer a holistic approach to modern site investigations in line with our client’s requirements.
A sample list of major projects
- Waste Classification Assessment – completed waste classification assessments at over 100 development sites in line with EPA guidance ad using HazWasteOnLine software
- Waste Transfer Facility and Landfill Monitoring Programme - project Manager for the monitoring programme for eleven Material Recovery Sites and two Landfill sites throughout Ireland over a five year period
- US Navy Landbase “Sigonella” Sicily - Waste Management Plan Update for the Base
- Cork Docklands Development - assessment of circa 400 acres of Cork South Docklands as part of Master planning
- Unregulated/Illegal Landfill Assessments - assessment of over 20 unregulated landfills in line with the EPA CoP