Conor Finnerty CEng MIEI Director
Tel: 01 - 6015175 E-mail: Cfinnerty@gii.ie
Conor has over 15 years’ experience as a Geotechnical Engineer in both a contracting and consulting environment. In 2013 Conor joined Ground investigation Ireland Ltd as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer and became a Director in 2016.
Conor has a strong skill set including competence in geotechnical and civil engineering design as well as excellent communication and project management developed though working in a variety of roles with Phi Ireland, Jacobs Engineering, Byrne Looby Partners and Ground Investigations Ireland.
Conor’s experience encompasses many aspects of geotechnical engineering from preliminary desk studies to finite element modelling. Conor has had the benefit of being able to lead and direct the installation of his own designs and of being involved as part of a team in a number of technically challenging and high-profile projects.
Conor manages a team of engineers and site crews carrying out and reviewing a wide variety of geotechnical projects across Ireland. His team brings enthusiasm and professionalism to every investigation and are able to deliver a top-quality service to a range of clients in a busy and demanding working environment. Due to his experience as both a consultant geotechnical engineer and a site investigation specialist Conor can advise on both the interpretation of ground investigation data and geotechnical design issues.
- Dublin Airport North Runway – Series of ground investigations relating to the updated infrastructure in Dublin Airport from 2016 to present
- Dublin Port – Series of ground investigations relating to the updated infrastructure in Dublin Port from 2016 to present
- City Centre Basement Investigations – Multiple sites across Dublin and Cork where deep basements are proposed. Advising on ground retention, contamination, foundation design, groundwater control and settlement issues
- Managed Irish Rail Projects - Development of implementation of Ground Investigations for New works and CEE departments across the entire rail network.
- Managed Marine Investigations – including all types of drilling, geophysics, liaison with the department of Agriculture and Marine.