Fergal Mc Namara Bsc Hons, EurGeol, PGeo Managing Director
Tel: 01 - 6015177 E-mail: FMcnamara@gii.ie
Fergal Mc Namara is a Chartered geologist with over 20 years’ experience in Ground Investigation and Geotechnical Engineering. Fergal founded Ground Investigations Ireland Ltd along with James Lombard in 2005. In the intervening years the company has grown to become one of Irelands largest Ground Investigation and testing companies. As Managing Director Fergal oversees the management of the operations with 4 teams dedicated to infrastructure, geotechnical engineering, pyrite related issues and environmental investigations with over 50 engineering and technical staff. Fergal and James’s vision for the company was and is to provide a high-quality and efficient service to Consulting Engineers, Private Developers, Public Bodies and the Construction Industry.
Fergal has extensive experience in managing ground investigation projects both large and small for the investigation of existing structures and for proposed future development. Fergal’s knowledge and experience affords him an excellent understanding of what information is required for the client or engineer from a particular investigation.
The projects Fergal has been involved with include
- Blanchardstown Regional Drainage Scheme.
- Exo Building, 3 Arena.
- Capital Dock development Dublin
- Irish Water GI Framework – Water Treatment facilities, Distribution Mains and Sewage Schemes
- ESB Ground Investigation Framework - Windfarm Developments and Services Realignment
- Numerous Motorway and road projects throughout Ireland.
- Harbour GI for marine works; Howth, Dingle, Dunmore East, Foynes, Greenore, Folye, Dublin Port