Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
Ground Investigations Ireland are recruiting a Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist. The successful candidate will work on a broad range of Geotechnical projects. The role will focus mainly on geotechnical projects with an overlap with parallel geo-environmental site investigations.
The role will be based in our Dublin office with a requirement for site work throughout the country.
- Design and management of site investigation and monitoring programmes including liaising with project design teams i.e. clients and engineers.
- Supervision of geotechnical site investigations.
- Interpretation and presentation of laboratory and field data.
- Preparation of factual and interpretive reports.
- Ensuring quality across all stages of projects.
- Implementation of H&S policy across all projects.
- Maintain and develop existing and new client relationships.
- Mentoring of junior staff.
- Degree in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology - Masters Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrable experience of site investigation design and supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects including liaising with various project stakeholders essential.
- Strong report writing and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD and logging software required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office are essential.
- Experience in the classification and management of waste in line with current environmental legislation.
- Good knowledge of Irish and EU environmental legislation, licencing and industry best practice standards.
- Chartered or Professional accreditation or working towards accreditation (IEI, IGI etc,).
- Full Clean Driving Licence required.
Please send CVs to HR@gii.ie